Thursday 2 August 2012

Scrap Album By Gabrielle



When I saw this amazing Want2Scrap Album Chipboard Album I knew I wanted to use PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints and stamps! I primed each piece with Snowflake Fresco Finish paint by squeezing a little paint on my craft sheet and ‘painting’ each piece with Cut and Dry foam. For the covers I painted Beach Hut Fresco Finish paint over the top with Cut and Dry foam, dried them with my heat tool and sanded them all over. Where the areas of paint had been removed I added a little Vintage Photo Distress Stain. I added a little handle to the front cover by dabbing the Ideaology flower with the blue painty piece of Cut and Dry foam and adding a Hitch Fastener in the centre.



For the next page I used a circles mask and Gold Fresco Finish paint. I laid the mask on a corner and lightly sponged the paint over the top. I did this over all four corners and then moved the mask to the centre of the page and dabbed the gold paint through the mask, allowing it to blend over the edges of the areas you have already masked. The Gold paint is a little more liquid than some of the others and so it may bleed under the mask. I like this look and so never mind when it happens! As with all of the pages I sanded it and then added Vintage Photo Distress Ink. To position the stamped images, pop the cover page on the top and then position the stamps where you would like them.


The book lends itself to be a scrap book and so with these pages I thought I might show you how you can create a background just ready for your pictures and memorabilia! Having prepped the pages with Snowflake Fresco Finish paint I added Hey Pesto Fresco Finish over the top. I used the sensational A4 alphabet mask and sponged Toad Hall Fresco Finish paint over the top covering the whole page. I then nudged the mask a small way and repeated the whole technique with Hyde Park Fresco Finish paint.  After sanding and adding Vintage Photo Distress Ink I stamped more images but at the edges so I could add photos another time. 


To complete the back page I used the Metal Effect mask and Gold paint. The ribbons are metal tape, beaten with my Texture Hammer and dabbed with painty Cut and Dry foam. The giant hand is actually from the packaging from the mask! I stamped the images on to more of the packaging and cut them out.

5 comments:

  1. Gabrielle, this is absolutely fabulous! I love all the detail, the painting - everything - Wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, Gabrielle - that cover is sensational... and I love the super sharp images against the shabby chic paint finishes!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great colours and textures trace x

    ReplyDelete