Hi everyone, I’m back with my second project using the Sizzix Framelits dies with stamps, and this time I’ve made something more dimensional - a floral wall hanger. The English Garden paper I’ve used has a lovely set of vibrant patterns, with coordinating paint effect style plain papers on the reverse. It’s perfect for this project, as the backs of the flowers will be visible from some angles.
This project is great as an alternative to a new house card, or just as something pretty for your home. I hope you like it!
Floral Wall Hanger
Spellbinders Shapeabilities: Foliage
Sizzix Framelits die set: Tags, Fancy
Dovecraft Designer Paper Pack: English Garden 8x8
Dusky pink card
- Die cut the largest fancy tag in a dark green paper from the English Garden pad. Stick to a rectangle of dusky pink card and cut around the top part of the tag, leaving a border.
- Die cut a cupcake base from the stripy paper to use as a flower pot. Paint with two coats of Wicked Glimmer Glaze and curve it around your finger when dry. Stick to the tag using double sided tape on the left and right edges and a generous dollop of silicone glue in the middle to give a nice 3D effect.
- Using the spotty, stripy and chequered English Garden papers, die cut 6 large and 5 small Doodles flowers.
- Stick 3 large flowers to the tag above the pot adding glue only in the middle. Stamp 3 large and 3 small flowers with their corresponding petal stamps using pink ink. Make a cut to the centre of each of the stamped flowers, form into a wide cone by overlapping one petal and sticking together.
- Paint the 3 large cones with two coats of Pink Lady Glimmer Glaze. Cut the remaining 2 small flowers in half, discard one half and stick the others into small cones, curling the tops of the petals back. Cut the tips of the cones off (this will help you stick down neatly) and assemble into 3 layered flowers using silicone glue.
- Cut three leaves from light green paper using the Foliage die set and stick behind the flowers.
- Finish with pink gems and a loop of coordinating cord or ribbon.