Saturday 12 October 2013

Cobweb moon

I'm loving the new Tim Holtz releases and especially the owl together with the moon and stars. Whether you saw my card a little while ago or not, here's another take on the combination but this time with the cobweb and on a canvas. First I prepared the canvass with Distress paints - Chipped sapphire, Salt ocean and Broken china which was given a wash with white gesso once dry. Finally a gold mist was added.



I cut the moon and stars from gold mirricard using the Cresent moon & stars die. Then I ran it through my Big Shot with the riveted metal Texture fade, dabbed it with copper metallic mixative and then, when dry, dabbed it with black paint and rubbed that off as it was drying. I cut a strip of cobwebs out using Tim's Cobwebs strip die then cut part of it and glued it behind the moon before embellishing it with Crystal ice Stickles. I also used the Stickles to add the 'threads' for the spiders hanging down.


I cut out the owl, backed it with gold mirricard and added Crystal stickles over the eyes. He is edged with White fire Treasure gold.


Thanks for stopping by, have fun!

Chris xxx



1 comment: