Friday 27 June 2014

Friends for life

A fortnight ago I made a male themed journal page - I thought I'd be fair and make one for the girls! I love the hashtag stamps that Tim Holtz released a few months ago and one jumped out at me and inspired this page! I started by scraping thin layers of yellow and orange paint on to a page with a palette knife. I added a little white to some areas to create a little more interest. You really only need to use thin layers as the paint quickly begins to build up and make interesting areas in the background. On this occasion I covered most of it up but you can make a feature of these happy accidents!
I stamped the background stamp onto the top of the page and at the bottom. I then stamped three bodies and three heads on to some tissue paper. I painted the reverse of each of the images so you get the colour but don't obscure the stamping. I used blue as an accent as it 'pops' off the page against the yellow/orange.
I placed my figures on that page and worked out where I wanted to stamp my feet (from a PaperArtsy set Dolls 4 - I am sure if you ask Susan nicely she'll order it for you!) Then I added my figures using Multi Matte Medium. Once it was all dry I added the white dots to the bottom of the page and the stamped banner. I hope you like my girls' page!

3 comments:

  1. Loving your friends page! the colours are bright and zingy and the stamping just great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun page Gabrielle, I love the creative design if your girlies. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love following your journaling adventures Gabrielle, they're goreous. This is no exception - stunning colours and great composition yet again! Beautifully done. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete