The cards measure 4" x 4" and I have made my own card bases from Kraft cardstock. The watercolour technique I have used for the cards can be utilised for any of the Tim Holtz Blueprint stamps and is a great (and easy!) technique to master. The link to Tim's tutorial can be found here on his June 2013 tag.
I stamped the spool in Black Arcival Ink on to Ranger Manilla cardstock (you do need a good quality card for this technique). I gathered my Distress Ink colours: Broken China, Dusty Concord and Brushed Corduroy, splodged them on my mat, spritzed with water and then started to paint. Like Tim I just add bits of colour here and there and then blended them together. I am certainly no painter, but it all seems to work beautifully!
Once the painting was dry I used the same colours to splatter paint everywhere and also blended some Brushed Corduroy around the edges of the cardstock. Finally I stamped a sentiment.
For this card I used Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord and Vintage Photo and exactly the same techniques.
I mounted the painted cards onto some corresponding coloured cardstock and stitched around the edges, also adding a little strip of tape measure ribbon, some buttons and a safety pin.
Not quite flat enough to achieve UK letter size, but a neat little card which was fun to make and may bring a smile to the recipient!
Thank you for joining me today and I hope you have some fun with your Distress Inks too!