Wednesday 18 November 2015

Layered Christmas Tree Card

Today I have a Christmas card made with Tim Holtz Tree blueprint and framelits. So sorry I have no step by step photos of this one. I started with white card and used distress inks in blueprint sketch and stormy sky to add some colour before spritzing and flicking on some water. Once dry I added some vintage photo around the edges. I then stamped the Christmas tree from the stamp set.
I stamped the image 3 x on another piece of card and used the framelits to cut the three layers before inking with various greeny / yellow tones (shabby shutters, pine needles and mustard seed).
I edged all the layers in vintage photo again before building up my layers using foam pads.
I added a little colour with my water brush to my baubles and star before stamping, die cutting and colouring the greeting.
Thanks for stopping by - see you in December!
Nikki Acton


7 comments:

  1. Fabulous, layering the tree adds so much dimension! Love how you have coloured it too. The background is lovely and the tree itself really seems to glow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet - the dimensional layering is fab!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layered tree Nikki, thanks for sharing it! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. great layering Nikki - this is fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful grungy Christmas cards! I love those layers and your choice of colors! Your inking is fantastic and so inspiring! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful grungy Christmas cards! I love those layers and your choice of colors! Your inking is fantastic and so inspiring! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete