It's been a while since I posted a Crazy Cat project! I have made quite a few of these little canvases for the craft shop I am part of - so thought I would share a couple with you today. Sorry I don't have any process photos for this one but here are the steps:
- I start with 4 inch square canvases (10cm sq) and give them a coat of gesso followed by whatever my base colour is going to be. I mostly use PaperArtsy Chalk paints for this.
- Once dry I add some stencilling or stamping in the background. In the one above I used Tim Holtz layering stencils - bubble, stars and schoolhouse. I take a little cut and dry foam and add just a little paint to use through the stencil. Archival ink works perfectly too.
- I take my chosen crazy cat and emboss with clear embossing powder / versamark on white card. I then take whatever ink I am colouring the cat with and ink the whole cat - no need to do this perfectly as I then die cut the image.
- I stamp and cut the eyes of the cat again and colour with different colour ink.
- My words are computer generated - printed, add a little ink as required and some black pen and cut them out.
- I then glue both the cat and words to the canvas and seal with matt medium.
Here are a few more examples!