Friday 14 April 2017

Easter card

Hi Everyone - Brenda here with a Spring Easter card for you using the lovely Distress Oxides.


I began with the wrinkle free distress technique using just broken china and iced spruce distress oxides ...... 


and then splattered over some ground espresso and hickory smoke DIs to get a sort of speckled egg effect.


For the oval I used broken china DI direct to card using the ink pad and then stamped with water to create the ghost effect. I blended hickory smoke round the edges.


I stamped and cut out the bird colouring it in with watery hickory smoke and broken china DIs ..... 


... and I stamped the nest onto the oval.


I created the egg by again using the wrinkle free technique this time with pumice stone and scattered straw DIs and stamped with frayed burlap.


Although I stamped four I only used one on the project, but it leaves me with some to tuck into other projects if they fit.

 

To bring some contrasting colour into the card I die-cut some of the small tattered florals from yellow and orange offcuts of core'dinations paper, spritzed them with water and scrunched them before leaving them to dry.


I also triple dipped some seam binding ribbon into broken china oxide.


I used the hashtag sentiments for my sentiment word but I cut the actual hashtag sign off of it (don't tell Tim!) but I do like the words on their own and I cut the legs off the bird so she could sit neatly on the nest.


There we have my Easter card, I hope it brings you a little inspiration to create your own Spring card.


10 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful Brenda! The egg is amazing and the gorgeous aqua water stamping. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Brenda. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Brenda...Your card had a lovely vintage feel to it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is stunning, Brenda!! The bird looks amazing!! I love the background and the details you added!! So gorgeous!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Brenda!! I just love those eggs!!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful techniques with your inks Brenda! and a wonderful spring scene! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect speckled egg Oxides - and lovely work with that stamp set - makes me want to dig it out and play.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope that comment got through - the page snapped!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Brenda, love the Oxide background and those speckles you added - and the egg looks so realistic! The bird in the next is wonderful! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful, Brenda! I love that inky oval and all the use of the DOX. Like Alison, seeing this inspires me to get out that seldom used stamp set! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete