Wednesday 21 March 2018

Find the beauty ......

I have a little journal panel to share with you today made entirely with DecoArt paints and mediums and some of the brand new Aall & Create stamps.


The background was made by laying down some gesso applied on the back of a palette knife and left to dry before adding in some colours - primary cyan, cerulean blue, titan buff, raw umber and burnt umber, taking time to add some dips of watery washes of these colours and finishing with a brayer and titanium white to bring some brightness back. 


The stamp set has 11 stamps in it, so there's plenty to help make up a composition with the brush which has written around it -
Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
The stamp above says - Creativity takes courage.


The little arrow and dots make a nice fill in piece and the circles make up a great border.


I love using text so I added some very light random stampings of one of my own small stamps.


I used the quotestamp on paper so that it stood out more and shaded round it after I had finished and sealed it all with matte medium.


To get the finished look I splattered some raw umber and white paint and dried it and took my white posca pen to add some small dots in the circles and a black one to add some squiggly border additions. I sanded the edges and blended in ground espresso distress ink.



Thanks for stopping by.

hugs Brenda xxx


3 comments:

  1. Really very beautiful ... l9ve the colour tone's

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly stunning piece of work Brenda! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Loving the worn look and texture! A work of art! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete