Friday 25 May 2018

Working with the new 3D folders by Tim Holtz (1)

Tim always looks to bring us new innovative products and we now have a set of 3D texture fades / embossing folders we can work with. These bring added dimension and texture to the world of embossing so that we can see some amazing details in the design and patterns. At the moment there are four different ones, this on I've used is called Botanical..



I am not going to go through the general start up of using these fabulous folders as Tim says it all on this Sizzix post HERE. Watching this is a great starting point as he gives lots of tips, tricks and ideas for using them. I wanted to to have a play and see for myself how good the detail is and how I could use them.


I love creating collage projects so I took some heavy card brayered over with burnt umber, titan buff,  quinacridone magenta and titanium white before I dipped it in two watery washes of firstly burnt umber and then titanium white mixed with a very little quin magenta watery decoart premium acrylic paints ....


....  and then ran it through the ebosser embossing machine. I lightly sanded the raised areas and rubbed a tattered rose distress oxide pad over it which helped get just the right amount of definition and used it as a background for my cards.


With some Tim Holtz lost relatives and ephemera and some additional bits and pieces from mysupplies I created two cards for the price of one. Both going to different people.


Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to see any cards you make this way with the 3-d texture fade.

hugs Brenda 

2 comments:

  1. Stunning cards Brenda! Off to check out Tim's vid now XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! The colours on the background are just lovely.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete