Friday 22 February 2019

Leaf and bugs birthday card - CAS Brenda style

If you've seen my work you'll know I don't do CAS style - I'm much more a vintage, shabby, grungy, industrial type artist but this came together with some salvage bits from leftover boxes plus a leaf die cut from the newly released Large Stems die from Sizzix and Tim Holtz. I also used the stitched circles, an old garden greens bigz die and the Entomology stamps and dies also all by Tim Holtz.


You'll probably recognise the latticework stencil design that I used on a piece of canvas paper and used to cut the stitched circle, this helped to create the focal point.


The large leaf stem was covered with embossing ink and sprinkled with the new lime mixed media powder from Ranger.
To create a little more interest I added the garden greens leaves and some stamped and die-cut bugs ......


.... and finished off with a happy birthday sentiment.


Can you tell I love Tim Holtz products?????


I know this is not true CAS style but it pleases me to get somewhere near it..


Thanks for looking.





No comments:

Post a Comment