Saturday 20 July 2019

Rhubarb Bag

I knew that title would grab your attention but it does have a meaning to those that recently attended one of our workshops with Tracy Scott where we gave out some of our rhubarb crop and a 12x12 paper bag to put it in. They are gorgeous bags and a few people took extra bags as they were so pretty. We've not got another workshop until 15th August where we are having a Crafting Play Day with Stix2 who will be doing a beautiful Make & Take and then some demos of Stix2 products. We have a bounty of plums, tomatoes, cucumbers & plenty more bags so if you fancy a fun day crafting there are still some places available.

Here is the bag before. There is no rhubarb picture as we have now cut up the remaining crop and are making some Pink Gin ;0)

Clare Hyett was one of our attendees and she chose to use her bag to make a journal page and I have to say it is rather lovely





For my rhubarb journal page, I worked in my Pink Pig journal (made in Yorkshire!) and covered a page with black acrylic first.
Then using techniques learned from your workshop by Tracy Scott, I painted messy circles in Decoarts Titanium white mixed with Paperartsy Bouganvillia to make pale pink, then neat Bouganvillia on top in swirls.
I squiggled over the top in black Uniball pen & doodled some fake writing.
Next I stamped flowers in Versamark and embossed with the Cosmic shimmer Raspberry Violet embossing powder.
Then I cut out elements from your rhubarb bag & stuck them on top.
I masked part of the cut out flower and splattered some watery Bouganvillia paint across the page.
After this, I went to doodle town with black, white and glittery pink pens on top of the paper cut outs and also around the page.
Finally I smudged some Cosmic shimmer Amethyst gilding wax randomly around the edges of the page.
 Wow Clare it is lovely and certainly has that Tracy Scott POP!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment