Wednesday 5 March 2014

What’s in a matchbox?

Well, normally, matches but not if Tim Holtz has anything to do with it. I received my new matchbox die yesterday and could not help but grab a piece of Tim’s resist card and make one up to show you!


Many of you know that I have dexterity problems – I can promise you that this is so, so simple and easy to make and it was very quick to put together too!


Having cut the card it is as simple as folding the creases made by the die and gluing the sides/flaps down…


Once put together it was a quick rub with Walnut stain Distress stain around the edges then slide the draw inside the outer shell…


I decorated the outside with a flower shape from the tattered florals die (original), a brass butterfly and a word from a chit chat pad. How simple can it get?


If you’ve ordered this die I think you’ll love it – if you haven’t, I wouldn’t wait too long as this promises to disappear very quickly!

Have a great week everyone!

Chris xxx


8 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous project Chris! I just love anything mini like this - looks like an order going in today! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the results look FAB-u-LOUS!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant - just placed an order!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it might come out teeny tiny but it looks a fairly decent size so I think I too may have to put my order in..... I love that you used Tim's resist card and the box looks wonderful. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow !!! Love your Matchbox Chris...a stunning gift box for sure. Must add it to my wish list.
    TFS
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous - the matchbox works so beautifully in those papers - brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful matchbox project! I love the papers you used and the elements. Now I am thinking I might need that die!!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is gorgeous I knew I "needed" that die!! :)

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete