Monday 12 May 2014

We're moving house with Amanda!

Hi, I’m Amanda, and I’m delighted to be here as a guest designer for my friends at Country View Crafts. My project today is a moving house card, complete with a moving house - the card features a decorated laser cut wooden house that roves around a stencilled map using magnets and a lolly stick.


This is what I used to make the house and map:


I decorated the house using Spiced Marmalade distress ink for the roof and a Snow Cap paint dabber for the walls (use masking tape to get a nice clean edge). I stuck it to red card (to give a door and curtains) and stuck one half of a magnetic fastener to the back. The other half of the magnetic fastener went onto a lolly stick to use as a slider.

To make the map, I cut a rectangle of street map paper from the Tim Holtz “Destinations” paper stack, distressed the edges, then dabbed two blue shades of distress ink through a Map Mask. To finish, I edged with Vintage Photo distress ink and matted with some Kraft card. To give the lolly stick slider room to slide, I stuck three layers of foam tape along the top, bottom and left edges of the map, leaving the right edge clear:


Next I covered a 15.5cm square card blank with Kraft card, and assembled the rest of the card.


I cut the starburst paper from a quarter of a sheet from the Tim Holtz “Retro Grunge” paper stack and edged it with a blend of Vintage Photo and Spiced Marmalade inks before sticking it to the card blank. To finish, I added the map and a greeting (stamped in Coffee archival ink using mini alphabet stamps), and added the house and slider. A small circle cut from the Retro Grunge front sheet provided a handle for the slider.


The result is a card that's quite fun to play with. I hope you like it.

Thanks for visiting!

Amanda


6 comments:

  1. Such a fab card Amanda, a great idea too! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous make from Amanda - brilliant use of the Retro Grunge paper, and the map stencil is so cool. Love the little house!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful make and a great tutorial! The little house looks fab and I love the idea of the lollypop stick!

    ReplyDelete