First to prepare the card background before getting into into the layout and embellishments... I covered the card fronts in Tim Holtz paper, sadly discontinued but there are plenty of similar papers around and Susan did have some of these left...
I added some strips of tissue tape to break up the background on all three pieces.
Then I edged all three cards with walnut stain distress ink.
Now for the details firstly of the blue card...I start with a rough idea and go about collecting together pieces I think I might use , not that all end up on the final piece.
Firstly I cut some of this trellis die , a real firm favourite..from paper and inked with walnut stain distress ink and set aside.
Then I cut the gorgeous snowflake on the edge die and inked , again with walnut stain distress ink..as shown below. I then coated with glue and seal and covered in rock candy distress glitter.
Now for my found relative card, which I sanded with the sanding grip to make it look more distressed
I then inked with some walnut stain distress ink into the sanded areas...
This picture shows the difference the sanding makes to the cards.
Here are the frosty snowflakes peeping out of the side of the picture...
And here is the completed card, with a stamped Tim holtz sentiment to finish it off.
Now for the red card :
adding some dyed seam binding and some die cut holly leaves dabbed over with white paint for that snowy feel.
Now for the green version, completed in a similar way.
Some dyed seam binding tied around the card before completion.
found relatives - occasions
keep those fingers inky!