Friday 26 September 2014

Off and on the page!

Hello! It's my turn to share a project with you and I thought I'd share a page in my journal that leapt off the page and back on it! It's quite a long journey so make a cup of tea and get ready!
I wanted to emulate the beautiful clean projects that others do and so thought I'd start by creating an interesting background. I used Embossing Paste through a Tim  Holtz stencil. I used Embossing paste because it's white but Grunge Paste will work too!
I then a stamped the ruler stamp from Artful Tools onto some white card and added a picture and some ephemera and glued them all together. At this point I was pretty impressed by how clean and tidy it looked and really how well I managed not to add any Vintage Photo Distress Ink! But then...
... I thought I'd see if I could translate it onto a tag as I do love a tag! But the colours weren't as clean as on the journal page as the tag is manilla so I added Chalk and then Cherry Pie paint to the tag and created a lovely pink! I wiped off excess paint with a baby wipe which gives it an aged look. It looks really bright in the picture - I think my photo editing might have been a little zealous!
I sanded the edges a little and did buckle and add Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges! I took the assemblage I'd made for the journal page and added to the tag. I loved the pink behind the sepia colours of the ephemera.
But then I had a idea - what if I combined the two?!
The tag was too long for my page so I chopped the bottom off and now I feel really happy - funny how it took making two separate projects to make one! I hope I still managed to keep the page relatively clean and simple - Let me know which version you prefer!

2 comments:

  1. Smiling at the story behind the project, but love how it all came together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pop of colour Gabrielle, it really transforms the layout. Xx

    ReplyDelete