Good morning everyone! and I hope the sun is shining where you are!
As I am a great admirer of those of you who create such lovely cards and tags with single layer stamping I thought it about time I really got to grips with this style, so over the next few weeks and months I thought I would experiment using the Big Ticket Die so that I could eventually put them all together in a small book. So this is my first experiment and lots to learn!
I cut my base from Ranger Manilla cardstock and started with two favourite stamps using Crushed Olive Distress Ink for the flourish and Walnut Stain for the Ruler. Now at this stage I didn't have any idea of a design (first mistake!!).
I inked the Papillon stamp from the French Flight Framelits Die Set with Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge and Aged Mahogany before giving it a light spritz with water and then layering it over the ruler.
My sentiment was stamped next in Walnut Stain Distress Ink - not a perfect impression but I quite like that!
I felt something was missing from the top right hand corner and so I used the Fleur de Lis stamp from the same set in the same way as I stamped the butterflies. A little bit more flourish was also added to the bottom and some Vintage Photo Distress Ink blended around the edges.
Now if I had started with a design I wouldn't have wondered what to put in the bottom right hand corner !! I tried stamping another butterfly but it looked too weak and didn't stamp well so thankfully I managed to cut a butterfly from the Framelits set which covered the stamped butterfly perfectly.
And so not quite a single layer, but I learnt a lot!
Thank you for joining me today.