Good morning everyone!
I started off with a DL card blank with a mat and piece of patterned card from my scrap box. As the card was a deep red I followed that colour theme through and added some patterned washii tape. Next came a generous dollop of white Gesso, scraped over with a piece of scrap greyboard. (TIP: Do keep your tiny offcuts of mountboard, greyboard, chipboard etc as they make great scrapers for your gesso, crackle etc.)
Once the gesso was COMPLETELY dry I took some Dylusions ink sprays – Postbox red and Pomegranite seed – and began to spray. I started with the lighter red and dried it with a heat gun before adding the darker ink.
When all the ink had been dried I took a piece of kitchen roll and began to rub off some of the ink and gesso to reveal some of the washii tape underneath. Now it’s ready for matting and mounting.
The candle has been cut from Tim’s Candlelight Bigz die using greyboard. The various pieces have been painted with PaperArtsy Fresco (Cheesecake) and then layered up using Multi medium Matte glue.
The flame accents have been painted using Haystack and Yellow submarine. Once dry, they’ve been edged with brown DI.
The embellishments surrounding the candle have been made using leaves (made from cutting basic leaf shapes from coloured card and folding them down the centre), holly leaves and pine branches and a holly border (Spellbinders). I also used a corner cut from gold canvas textured mirri card. All the elements have been edged with DI. The flower has a large flat-back jewel glued into the centre and the candle drips and flames have been highlighted with Glosy accents.
You can make your own version of this and the textured base can be used for any topic.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!