Sunday 28 June 2015

A coffee lovers dream

My card today is for all you coffee lovers out there. As soon as I saw the die last January at CHA I knew I would probably buy it, but I didn't order it early enough and Susan was only sent a few instead of the bigger number she normally orders and those went to the lucky people who had got their order in early. However our lovely DT member Trace had been one of those who had managed to get it and she very kindly cut me some so I could have a play whilst I was waiting for mine to come over from America.


Process steps
Distress card with antique linen and pumice stone distress inks.


Blend pumice stone around the edges and blend antique linen through a stencil.


Die-cut the coffee/frappuccino cup in cream card and daub picket fence distress paint over, spritz it with water and heat dry. This gives a nice mottled effect to the cup and lid.


Blend pumice stone around the edges of the cup and lid and walnut stain round the edges of the sleeve.


Take the sleeve button and blend the brand new and gorgeous hickory smoke stain over it, heat dry and blend walnut stain DI over the top. Using the brand new punch from Tim Holtz and a piece of sprayed card from my oddments box I added a lovely pop of green and a link to my favourite coffee house.


Put the coffee cup together and go back to the background - add some remnant rubs.

 

I hadn't got a picture in my head of how this card was going to pan out and just started to gather things to put together - a piece of chevron framework and some bunting made from the green card I had used for the star.

  

As I put it together I also added some rock candy stickles to the lid ...


...and inked the bunting pieces adding them to a piece of coloured bakers twine.


With no metal or dimensional embellishments this card is flat and safe to put in the postbox.


Thanks for stopping by today and if you are a Starbucks coffee lover like me I think you might like this card.

Have a great week ahead.

hugs Brenda xxxx




6 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Brenda. You have captured the essence of coffee wonderfully so much so I'm off to make one lol love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great composition Brenda, I love the wonderful background you created. The button looks great with the hickory smoke stain (make me want to get mine out and use it) and I love the pops of green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks fabulous Brenda - brilliant make x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific tag - thank-you for tutorial. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this card and its theme!! Thanks Trace for providing Brenda her die cuts while she waits for "fresh brewed" die. Really love the Hickory Smoke stain ... must ... get ... me ... some!!! And the bunting and chevrons were the perfect accents behind your frappuccino. Ok -- off to Starbucks! Yummmm -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun, Brenda! Looks pretty refreshing :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete