Friday 18 November 2016

A little secret

I am really embracing these new Elenazinski stamps and chose to make a journal page with a secret!
In a black journal I started by brayering the page white and also brayering both sides of a piece of black card. I scored a bend about 1cm from the top of the piece of card.
I then added blue and yellow paint (remembering to dry each colour first) to the journal page and both sides of the piece of card. Adhere the card to page. Don't worry about trying to match up the paint so far - that comes next!
Then I added black painted stars through a stencil. When dry, open the flap you've created with the piece of card, reposition the stencil and stencil the areas under the flap.
When all is dry add borders to the stars using a white pen.
If you look carefully at the figures there are little lines that extend past the drawing. To save cutting all those little details out I stamped the figures onto my page meaning I only had to cut out the solid sections - much easier!
Colour the images in - as they are monsters let your imagination run wild! As my background is very strong I coloured my monsters pretty simply so they'd stand out. Adhere the solid areas to the journal page. I drew over the black lines of the stamps that I used for the clouds, for the monsters to stand on and the legs and eye stalks of the monsters.
And now for the secret...! Under the flap...
I love the secret but I am so proud of the pattern matching under the flap!
Thank you, as always, for popping by


3 comments:

  1. beautiful page, and well matched indeed. love those monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these monsters. Will have to think about these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page - I love these stamps

    ReplyDelete