Friday 4 November 2016

Just remember...

I have fallen in love with the new Elenazinski stamps from PaperArtsy. I love the quirky characters and that you can colour them however you like and add and remove elements to constantly change them. More of that over the next couple of months! I realise that these characters might not be your cup of tea but hopefully, by showing you how I made this page, you can see how you might be able to use them in your art. The current challenge over at Country View Crafts Challenges is Stars so I could enter this if I was allowed!!!
In a black paged journal I started by brayering a layer of white paint, a layer of pink paint and a layer of blue paint - drying in between.
Next I stencilled some stars on the page in white paint, repositioning the stencil as I went along.
I didn't want a full page of stars so left some areas blank to add interest:
Then I stamped the characters I wanted to use on some white card. I used white because I wanted the eyeballs to remain white when I'd coloured the figures in.
If you look carefully at the figures there are little lines that extend past the drawing. To save cutting all those little details out I stamped the figures onto my page meaning I only had to cut out the solid sections - much easier!
The next bit is fun because you can now choose the colours you're going to use. Will you stick to a few colours to keep it harmonious or will you go bonkers and chose clashing colours? All will work!
The final step is to cut the figures out and adhere them to your journal page. I added some torn sections from an old book to 'ground' the figures - it almost looks like they're on clouds amongst the stars doesn't it?! A spider, a few dots of white paint or pen and some black lines and you're finished!
Thank you, as always for popping by,


3 comments: