Tuesday 22 August 2017

Forgotten the words

I recently bought a new Dylusions a small Creative Flip Journal. This page was one of my first experiments in it!
I started by spraying the pages with Fresh Lime (my very favourite colour!)
Then I added areas of Calypso Teal and used some kitchen roll to mop up the ink
Next I added some diamonds using a stencil and Slate Grey ink. Again I used kitchen roll to mop up the ink.
Finally I added some Picket Fence through an alphabet stencil
Using a leaf stencil I added Dirty Martini ink (decanted into a water brush). I wasn't super careful as I wanted the ink to bleed a little under the stencil as it looks like watercolour. When the ink was dry I used a black pen to drawn the leaves in. Notice how the green ink highlights the Picket Fence beneath - gives your leaves a really lovely extra detail
I added some tape for my Zini to stand on and stamped the Zini on the page and on some white card. There are some lovely details on the stamp that would be really difficult to cut out so if you stamp the image on the page then you don't have to worry about those additional details!
Then it's a matter of adding the extra images and sentiment. The arrows are from this Emma Godfrey for PaperArsty set and the spider is from this one. The bird is from an Elenazinski set.
The birds on this page are from these stamps sets (Set 5 and Set 8). The text stamps are from the Emma Godfrey set above. A few white paint circles and Black and Gold lines using an old lid and gift card.
I hope you like the journal pages. I love making them!

2 comments: