Thursday 12 October 2017

Create art every day

I wanted to decorate the cover of my small Creative Flip Journal and thought I'd share what I did!
I started by masking off the red binder with some washi tape and painting it three layers of Black Marble paint
I then added Snowflake (white) paint with an old gift card
Next came Calypso Teal paint
Now for the fun part! Add more white paint through a stencil with Cut-N-Dry foam - this is so the next colours zing! Then add Banana paint over the centre of the flowers
Reposition the stencil and add Bougainvillea to the tips - how cool is this?!
Add some dots from the stencil on to the flowers (clever how they fit together!) with black paint
To complete the background I dried the flowers and the sanded it down so it looked more shabby. I added some Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to the edges
A tag and some flowers from JOFY for PaperArtsy completed the cover.
Thank you, as always, for popping by

1 comment:

  1. what a great little journal!! love the bright flowers.

    ReplyDelete