it's Monika here after a long-long break :-)
So let me show you my vintage Christmas card that was made with a PaperArtsy Scrapcosy stamp set: ESC08
Here is my tutorial.
1. I stamped on thick watercolour paper with Antique Linen Distress ink and sprinkled it with Gold Tinsel embossing powder.
2. After melting the embossing powder I cut out the images.
3. I cut out a square from Kraft-Core paper and distress the edges with a sandpaper (you can make it with Tim's sanding grip as well).
4. I chose a Christmas embossing folder and since my card was bigger than the folder I embossed first the bigger part, then the rest. (My embossing folder was: Holly Swirls by Sizzix)
5. I sanded the embossed surface and with a knife, I distressed the edges and inked with Gathered Twigs.
7. I stamped with the tinsel stamp on the card and again I applied Gold Tinsel embossing powder (I wanted to hang my ornaments on the tinsel).
8. I put gold twine through the hole of the ornament and put double-sided glue tape on the back.
9. I adhered my ornaments on the card and I fixed the twines with double-sided glue tape 1/8".
10. I smeared Micro Glaze onto the inked surface of the ornaments for protection and for a little shine.
11. With the same stamping method I prepared the text, but here I used Gold embossing powder. I coloured it with Scattered Straw ink.