Wednesday 26 September 2012

Halloween Project 1 by Gabrielle

We have an extra special treat this week as Gabrielle gets the creative juices flowing with not one, not two but three Halloween themed projects. We'll post one tomorrow (27th Sept) and one Friday (28th Sept) and here is the first one...enjoy :-)

 

Halloween has come early in my house and I have been playing with some of Tim Holtz’s new dies and newly released stamps! I’ve made a few projects as once I’d started I couldn’t stop so this is the first!

I wanted to use the fabulous Bell Jar die and so Cut the base from Grunge Paper and the ‘glass’ dome from the packaging the die came in. I then added Vintage Photo and Black Soot Distress Inks to the base and covered it with a thick layer of Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint and let it dry. 



The dome I added black ink to the sides to make it more visible from the background. I cut a portion of the graveyard die from Grunge Paper and covered it with Vintage Photo and Black Soot Distress Inks as before. I stamped the Halloween ticket from the Odds and Ends set onto a little more Grunge Paper and covered with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. The skull was stamped with Jet Black Archival Ink onto shrink plastic and shrunk with my heat gun. I find shrink plastic fascinating as you are never quite sure of the result you’ll get! I then punched a hole in the ticket and skull, added eyelet and a jump ring and tied it to the top of the Bell Jar with a little twine.


The tag was cut from strong card and covered with metal tape. I embossed it and covered it in Black Soot and Sunset Orange Alcohol Inks. I then sanded the tag quite hard to reveal the metal beneath the raised areas and adhered the completed Bell Jar on top.
 
If you are, like me, a bit of a social media addict user then why not check out Country View Crafts on Facebook and Twitter? You’ll get to see sneak peeks of new products and other news from the team - well worth a visit!

1 comment:

  1. A very spooky creation! Love the attention to detail and those new dies are superb.

    ReplyDelete