Saturday 29 September 2012

Halloween Project 3 by Gabrielle


I wanted to use the Graveyard on the edge die and so I covered a tag with various DistressInks (e.g. Chipped Sapphire, Broken China, Vintage Photo, Black Soot, Frayed Burlap, Weathered Wood) adding layer upon layer misting some with water to create new effects until I was happy with my sky.


I then added a layer of PerfectPearls mist over the top which gives a really fabulous effect like lots of twinkling stars! I cut out the Graveyard and added Vintage Photo and Black Soot DistressInks to it and adhered it to the bottom of my tag. I then added the sentiment from the Apothecary set in the sky. 


Whilst admiring my handiwork I wondered what it might look like at sunset and so I made a similar tag using the same techniques as before but this time using Spiced Marmalade, Dusty Concord, Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic grungy graveyard! That die is onb my want list (come on, national lottery, give me a break lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both tags are lovely (if you can call a graveyard lovely) but the skies are beautifully done and yes, I think I do really like that on the edge die too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabrielle has done a great job here, it's marvellous. I bought my graveyard die from CVC too, and I have just put up a post today using my die. Just ordered another 4 this morning! Excited. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag, I bought mine here too , love it!!! Trace x

    ReplyDelete