Monday 17 September 2012

May You Always Be Inspired - By Gabrielle


Thank you for your lovely comments on my previous post with the new Stampers Anonymous stamps. They were lovely! I promised something a little different and I thought I might show a different way to use the new Metallic Distress Stains with masks.
The new Metallic Stains are so incredibly versatile. There are lots of ways to use them, much as you would use the rest of the stains in the range. They react with water and you can stamp with them too! There are many videos and tutorials on the internet with ways to encourage you use these stains so please do look out for them.

 
I started by cutting a tag from white card and adding Picked Raspberry and Peeled Paint Distress Inks. I then laid two masks from the Mini Floral Masks set over the top and misted water over the top. This left an outline where the masks had been... There are lots of different mini masks in the range - do look them out. My favourite is the postage stamp on the Best of British set - just perfect for layouts commemorating this summer’s incredible events! Why not check out the Leaves, Christmas or Antique sets too?

 
I then squeezed some Brushed Pewter Metallic Distress Stain  onto my craft mat and painted the stain over the leaves with my water brush . For the flower I used Antique Bronze . I also added some pewter to the edges of the tag by swiping the bottle directly on the edge.

 
I then stamped a little script in Sepia Archival Ink and some dots in Tarnished Brass Metallic Distress Stain to finish the background. The main sentiment (from Seriously Art ) was also stamped in Sepia Archival Ink.

 

For the flower I used Clearly for Art and die cut a flower and added Wild Plum and Gold Alcohol Inks to it. I then curled it with my heat gun (watch your fingers!) and added the silver button  centre. The flower at the top was made from floral Ideaology pieces and Paint Dabbers (Snowcap , Citrus, Silver  and Gold ) with a little Picked Raspberry over the top of the white to tone it in.

Thank you for popping by and for leaving a comment. We really do appreciate your visit!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag Gabrielle, love Picked Raspberry, it is my favourite at the moment. Love your clearly for art flower and the colour is gorgeous. Really must get those metallic colours..... A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours. I may just have to get some metallic stains soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love the Pewter Stain against these bright colours, they are fab aren't they. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gabrielle
    What a lovely tag, I must admit I have a thing for tags, I love making them and seeing what others do with them.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful background and colour palette, x

    ReplyDelete