Saturday 2 March 2019

Back to Oz

Good morning it's Jane here with the first of two posts to share the newest releases from Visible Image. Susan has them all in stock now and remember that she offers FREE POSTAGE in the UK
All the links to the website are within this post, just click on the names of the stamp set or co coordinating die.

There are 2 collections in this release and 3 brand new lovely stencils.

Today I will share the Wizard of Oz collection. These stamps are beautiful and lovers of this timeless story, as I am, will be delighted not just by the characters but also the extra stamps in each set.
I am on the Visible Image DT so I am able to share some of my samples I have made. What is also very exciting is that each of these sets has matching cutting dies too!! This is a Visible Image first. I used my Big shot and 300gsm water colour card stock and they cut like butter on a first pass.They are really awesome.

Some of my projects I am sharing today were made before the dies arrived, so I fussy cut them out, but boy do the dies make short work of this now for me.

First up is the sweet Dorothy and Toto

I made a "home sweet home" sampler with hand cross stitching around the edge.
I added Glossy accents to her eyes

Next is Oz cowardly lion
 with his coordinating die.
For this background I used yupo and alcohol inks.


The scatty Oz scarecrow

I used the dies for all the cutting on this card, it is so easy to make a flock of birds!

I used a mixed media inks background together with some crackle paste.
Next up is
the awesome Oz wicked witch
with her die set

and the terrifying Oz flying monkey ( I can also see this set working brilliantly for Halloween).

I made an A4 wall hanging using both these sets; spray inks made a very fiery background for them. The witch had better hang on to that string!

and last but not least (and I will secretly admit he is my favourite) the loving Oz Tin Man.
This was a Valentine card I made and I decoupaged him and some of the steam punk hearts using different silver card stock.


I also wanted to show how well these sets with small projects too and made these 3 ATCs for a Facebook swap. Using the coordinating dies really speeds up the process. I stamped onto foiled card and used the dies to cut out all the pieces, the backgrounds are distress inks. I stamped the hearts using archival ink.
 They are so shiny to photograph, please excuse the glare!


I also made these 3 Artist trading coins just using the background stamps in this set, which I have also die cut with the matching dies


Thanks so much for stopping by and I will be back to share some samples made with the new mixed media sets very soon. The Wizard of Oz is such a brilliant new collection to own and can be used in so many different creative ways. They appeal to all ages and suit all genres of crafting...the only limit is your imagination! Have fun.

Bye for now,

 Jane x

1 comment:

  1. WOW Jane what wonderful creations you have made. Thank you. Susan

    ReplyDelete