Hi it's Brenda with you today. I love using the Andy Skinner stamps and DecoArt products so here are all the steps to make this plaque.
Using a piece of mountboard I sealed it with gesso, dried it, sprayed with water and quinacridone gold mixed, laid on washers with neat quinacridone gold on the back of them sprayed and dried.
Next I blended raw umber round the edges, spritzed with water and dried again before dipping in watery paynes grey.
When this was dry I stamped using some of Andy's Illusionary Artists Tech Trauma background stamps ....
... and then spread crackle paste through Andy's Old Film stencil (which I have cut into pieces) and left it to dry.
Later I rubbed in some english red oxide antiquing cream and rubbed it back to blend it in more with the background.
I took the frame from the Sacred Secrets set and sealed the frame itself and the backing with gesso, dragging a piece of plastic down it on this second piece. When the frame piece was dry I brushed on some white crackle paint and left it to dry.
On the backing piece I spritzed with water, painted on some paynes grey and spritzed it again before drying it, then stamped the arabian arched window from the Gothic Grunge set restamping the edges with just the wall parts of the stamp.
Later I painted in a little colour to give it more definition.
I took the frame painted on patina green antiquing cream, rubbed it back and then sanded and distressed the edges with ground espresso distress ink.
I stamped King Spook (from the Spook stamp set) on a leftover piece of painty card and cut him out.
Taking a large piece of watercolour paper I spritzed splattered, dripped and dried quinacridone gold several times. I also dipped some steel washers in the paint and laid them on the paper to get the circular marks.
When fully dry I die-cut the tattered florals bigz die and a couple from the thinlits small tattered florals to make up the flowers. I dipped the reverse side in some water quin gold and then rolled and scrunched each one and left them to dry before unrolling them and layering them up.
Once I had assembled them I stamped using Andy's text stamp from theTech Trauma set and dribbled and spritzed more quin gold to give them light, dark and contrast.
I use a bigz die to cut the flourish from bubbalux foam, daubed it with texture sand paste and a mix of quin gold, raw sienna, paynes grey and raw umber paints.
I love the way this product softens and moves and can be formed into bends and shapes before it goes cold and hardens again - please be careful when it is hot, handling it can cause burns.
I lengthened the flourish .....
... and bent it to fit the space I wanted it to go in.
I assembled everything together adding some of the washers that had been textured and rustified.
It came together really well although this was not quite like the hazy picture I had in my head to start with lol, but I'm still pleased with the outcome.
I hope you like all the textures on this.
Thanks for stopping by.
hugs Brenda xxx
Post a Comment