Monday 11 March 2019

Vintage journal pages and new Alison Bomber stamps

Hi it's Brenda here today and I'm sharing some vintage journal pages created so that I could specifically use the fabulous new stamps from Alison Bomber. I love using quotes on journal pages and Alison has quite a few sets of different themes - the ones I chose are the new 'Friendship' set - EAB10 from PaperArtsy.



The quotes are varied and beautiful. These were stamped onto media paper and chopped up; I inked the edges with ground espresso distress ink before adhering them to the page.



I started with a layer of white gesso covering the page before adding some collage papers. I then added scrapes of black gesso and more white gesso.


Some subtle stamping creates a little more interest as does some small die-cuts and a couple of tickets.


I finished off with the paper dolls with some cheesecloth and of course the important words that give the pages meaning and a story.


There are some more photos of the process steps over at Bumblebees and Butterflies if you'd like to have a go at something similar.

I'll be back next week to show you photos and the project from my workshop last Saturday held at the Country View headquarters.

Happy crafting.

hugs Brenda xxx

4 comments: