Friday 6 May 2016

Adventure awaits you ...

So Trace here with another make, this time using some stamps from PaperArtsy, plenty of Decoart paints and mediums and some Mdf pieces from Creative Expressions, so a mixed bag... but hopefully it all works together .


I started by gluing two pieces of the mdf driftwood together and painting using Decoart meda line paint in burnt umber, a rich dark brown .


I then coated with weathered wood crackle medium and left to dry ...( below you can see it just after application )


When totally dry I painted over with titan buff, again a Decoart colour ...one of my favourites.


to create a more grungy and weathered look I sanded back the edges and also some areas ...


I then added some walnut stain distress ink in areas... and played around until happy.


Now for the details, I loved these fossil fish from PaperArtsy and knew as soon as I saw these driftwood pieces , they would be perfect... I stamped using perfect medium and clear embossed them , to leave the gorgeous detail...


I then began to build up layers of ink and distress paint across them , to highlight the textures and leave them looking like skeletal details on the background. I added ink and paint and then rubbed back, gently using a damp baby wipe to remove the colour from the embossed elements.



Here are a few close ups of the details on the finished piece ...I stamped this gorgeous PaperArtsy mini onto Tim Holtz plain tissue wrap, in archival and adhered to the mdf panels when dry. I added a sticker from small talk set, a wooden flourish painted ....



To complete the corners I added some of the yummy new idea-ology nailheads .....so love these!!...
also some twisted  rusty wire...




A final close up of the main image, I love how clearly the tissue wrap allows the images to be applied...


And here is the final piece...


Well hope you like my latest make, I had fun playing with lots of things that have been in my stash for a while and plenty of yummy new goodies too ...

keep those fingers inky!
and hope to be back soon 
Trace x




16 comments:

  1. Love this gorgeous shabby summer piece of art Trace, brilliant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Trace, this is fabulous!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Trace . Love it and so great to see you doing what your love .
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece trace and it was wonderful to see how it all came together. Thankyou lovely lady x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic piece! Those skeleton fish look great against the crackled background. Super projects with your always wonderful colour palette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really great!!! what do you do with all these pieces you make??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much jasann , I keep lots and give some as gifts and sell some on folksy xx

      Delete
  7. Love this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning piece, Trace - love that driftwood MDF, and you've weathered it to perfection. Great stamp choice and such cool metal detailing, especially the rusty wire. Genius!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete