Wednesday 18 May 2016

May Journal Page

In my series of monthly journal pages I've reached May already! How the year is flying by!
I wanted to use Infusions and to create an easy page that really wouldn't take you very long, or would need you to know lots of techniques. Add a line of white paint and sprinkle a small amount of Infusions over the top.
Using an old gift card or palette knife, drag the paint downwards. As you do, the Infusions will react with the paint and you'll start to get some really lovely effects.
I then added a second colour of Infusions (with Matte Glaze so I didn't cover up the first layer) and scraped it across the page to create a hatched effect
Next I added a stripe of pink paint through a stencil and gently sanded it so it looked worn.
The next step is to add the stamped elements and paint in the compass with Gold paint. Whilst the Gold paint was out I added two rows of arrows to the top and bottom of the page.
Thank you, as always, for popping by

4 comments:

  1. Great effects with the infusions Gabrielle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it and love the infusions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas gabrielle ... can't wait for my infusions to arrive xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's gorgeous Gabrielle. Love the different effects of using white paint first then the glaze! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete