Thursday 12 May 2016

Infusions and Texture Paste

PaperArtsy Infusions with texture paste
I have been playing with Infusion's for today's project and used them in 4 different ways on this card - through the stencil, to create the matt layer, to stamp and to dye the seam binding.

I started with my white card and a stencil from my stash. I added clear texture paste through the stencil and then sprinkled a couple of colours of infusions over  - Sunset Beach and Black Knight. I carefully removed the stencil and let it dry.
PaperArtsy Infusions with texture paste
I then coloured some more card with a few sprinkles and spritzes of water.
These formed the base for my greeting.

I was curious if you could stamp with the infusions using a baby wipe. (Fold the baby wipe and sprinkle on the infusions and allow it to soak a little.) Then take the stamp and use the coloured baby wipe as the 'ink pad'. It works - although it is quite a subtle colour. I did this so my sentiment matched in colour to the rest of the card.
Now for my seam binding ribbon -  a few sprinkles and some water on the ribbon - let it dry and then shake to remove any leftover 'bits'.
Love the result of the infusions over the texture paste and the seam binding!
I rarely stop at one card - so here is another!
PaperArtsy Infusions with texture paste
Nikki

9 comments:

  1. Oooooh! Very interesting technique with such fabulous and varied results! Love that delicate texture the Infusions leaves on the ribbon, the stencil work and with stamping! Well done,and very informative post! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great ideas to try I'm loving the Infusions, will have to collect them all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nikki, you have achieved a very interesting effect with this technique! Beautiful cards!!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - they look a bit like textured brushos - look fabulous!!! Great ideas nikki! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous results Nikki, each technique makes me want to try them out. Love the coloured texture paste effects. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! Great idea and fabulous technique. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great multiple uses for the infusions - have book-marked this for my next 'playtime'. Gorgeous cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic technique, love theses cards.

    ReplyDelete