Tuesday 24 May 2016

Special Delivery

Hello and welcome today here at Country View Projects. I have been in a bit of a single layer postcard mode this month and today I'll share the VERY  last of these pages. Promise!


I just love the Tim Holtz Correspondence Stamps and find they are so wonderfully suited to so many different projects and then ...... I got the gorgeous Classics #13 set with the lovely postbox and even more correspondence style stamps to play around with. So here is the latest journey in the single layer stamping.

I apologise in advance for the "before" and "after" photographs - obviously taken on different days and resulting in completely different colours! Even my Lightroom software couldn't make them look alike!


See what I mean !!! I started with the PostBox and a covering with a post it note before over stamping with the two lovely flourish style stamps.


I covered the registration stamp in the top right hand corner so the franking stamp would appear underneath.


Before everything got taken away I stamped the gate behind the the letter box and made my Special Delivery as bold as I could. I have used combinations of Archival and Distress Ink, sometimes stamping off to get even more tones.


I finally used more Distress Ink to make it look a little aged with the coffee stains from a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil.


You can see from the close up how well these stamps and colours all work together. A final splattering of Distress Ink also gave it an aged look.


I blended Distress Ink around the edges and then carefully spritzed this with water to give a softer and more aged edge.

Gorgeous stamp sets which can really be used in so many different ways. Can you tell I love them!

Thank you for joining me today and I hope you are having a lovely week.

Jennie x





2 comments:

  1. Beautifully created Jennie and a great post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masking to create a fab layered effect. Charming vintage work.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete