Tuesday 15 October 2013

Apothecary Bottles

As it's (nearly!) Halloween I decided to make a little hanging that will help give our home a 'spooky' feeling later this month! My children love Halloween, a lot more than I do, and so I am trying find ways of decorating the house! Also, this might give you some added inspiration to join in with this month's challenge over on our Challenge Blog as the theme is Something Spooky!
I took a large and small Art Part and sprayed them with Squeezed Orange ink. Then I added Spiced Marmalade and Vintage Photo Distress Inks on the edges. I then sprinkled them with water to make a mottled effect and once dry I embossed a spider and web. Make sure the Art Part is very dry so you don't have any embossing powder where you don't want it! I then added two eyelets and adhered the shelf with Glossy Accents.
I filled a variety of Apothecary bottles by 7 Gypsies (Amber and Clear) with Dylusion Inks and then I took the Domed Bottle and filled it with toy spiders raided from my son's room (why do boys always have gross things squirrelled away?!) and turned the bottle upside down as if it's a Bell Jar. The shark's tooth was bought home from a school trip somewhere - see I told you he had gross things!!! I used some shrink plastic to make the skull as my stamp was too big for my project but you can use Clearly for Art if you have a small sized stamp. I then added Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the skull - I tried doing this before shrinking it - it wasn't very successful! I suspended the skull using jump rings.
I hope you like my latest spooky project! I'd love to see what you have made for Halloween!


  1. I love the bottles! what a spooky project, love it!

  2. Great project Gabrielle..love it!!

  3. Looks fab and lovethe spiders in the dome xx cool! X

  4. I love how that skull shrinks down, I did the very same thing on a tag for an alphabet challenge!