Saturday 28 May 2016

Home sweet home bunting

Well , Trace here and today I have made a fairly simple make ...using some great stamps from PaperArtsy, my trusty distress inks, some mdf bunting from Creative expressions and some DecoArt paint..oh and some of my trusty rusty wire!

So here is the finished make :

Sorry about the lack of clarity but in order to fit it all on , you lose some of the detail....


so here are a couple of detailed shots :


Now for the details :

I started by painting each piece of bunting with a few coats of titan buff DecoArt media paint...


I then edged each piece with walnut stain distress ink, it always makes such a difference...

For the home sweet home words , I inked the stamp from the set in jet black archival and stamped onto plain tissue wrap (yes still love this stuff!) and then heat set, fussy cut and added to the bunting  pieces using distress collage medium, firstly on the back of the tissue piece, applied then added coat over the front...and left to dry.


I then inked the mini number stamp using frayed burlap distress ink and randomly stamped over the top...and then re -edged with ground espresso distress ink.

For the filler pieces, with no additional elements I stamped numbers in frayed burlap and some text from another mini in walnut stain distress ink.


For the pieces with houses on , I inked the house designs, using jet black archival, stamped onto plain tissue wrap and then heat set and cut out...I added some soft colour by spritzing frayed burlap distress stain onto my craft sheet and picking up with a damp paint brush and adding lightly to the stamped tissue wrap design.


I added them all together using rusty wire ...but you could easily use string and
 add pretty seam binding for a softer effect...
and this was so easy to do.




and here is it in a finished string ...


 So I hope to be back soon with another make ...
keep those fingers inky!
trace x


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous make Trace, I love the very neutral shabby appeal xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute bunting Trace, love them. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this Trace, each piece is wonderful and I love your rusty wire too, it is the perfect finishing touch! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So frustrating when can't find the stamps used ! Not even at PA in the UK !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you click on image below project of stamp plate , all items are below project and the stamp plate ( hot picks 1601 ) is in stock at Country View Crafts - click on image and it will take you to product in shop x hope this helps Trace x

      Delete