Wednesday 18 January 2017

Forever

Hello and welcome to my second project this month which utilises a few scrap pieces!


It all started when I squeezed out rather too much Nougat Fresco Paint and was looking around for something to paint to use it up when I spied a couple of experimental pieces lying in the scraps box. I would imagine I have used a combination of Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspberry Distress Ink for these inky layers with a stencil but way too bright for me! 


But look at the lovely hues when they are covered with Nougat Fresco Paint - fabulous and much more me!


I added a couple of strips of tissue tape and some very light stamping with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink.


Then a little contrast stamping with Black Archival ink. 


I decided not to introduce any further colours so hunted through the scraps box again and found this stamped butterfly .....


.... and a die cut from one of Tim's handwritten words (always so handy for this kind of card!). Everything then got a bit of a splattering with some watered down gesso.


I then stuck everything on to a 6" x 3" card blank cut from some cream cardstock and edged with gold pen. 

I shall certainly be looking through my scraps box for more brightly coloured experimental pieces as the coating of paint really makes for a lovely muted background.

Thank you for joining me today and have a great week!

Jennie x

Live The Dream




5 comments:

  1. I just love this card! I've had to PIN it for inspiration! I hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Annie above, I have pinned it too, it is gorgeous Jennie, what a fabulous way to use up experimental pieces and scraps!! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the color and the monochromatic look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Jennie, love the colours and elements you used. xxx

    ReplyDelete