Tuesday 6 February 2018

New Visible Image stamps

Hello it's Jane from Jane's Journal here today to bring you some exciting news...Susan has now got some of the new release Visible Image stamps in stock here and also all of their fabulous stencils.


She now has an excellent range of their stamps and stencils and remember that all UK orders are posted free. Visible Image clear stamps are superb quality and stamp beautifully. Their designs are very unique in the stamping world. Mark Alexander, their designer, tries to bring something very different with each release. Whether you are a card maker, love journalling or mixed media there is something for everyone.

The February release was launched to huge acclaim at Creativation in the USA a couple of weeks ago.

I have had the pleasure to be able to play with several of the new sets and I thought today I would first share a couple of my projects I made for Creativation and then share a step by step for making a very unique new baby or baby shower card. I have combined the new Bloom and Grow set with the existing Imperfection is beauty stamp set.  I apologize in advance if you have already seen some of these makes in blogland or if you were lucky enough to attend Creativation, in person and saw them on display. Some of these, and other projects have also been shared on my blog over the last few weeks so if you would like to see my process notes for any specific piece do pop on over to my blog.

 I have added links which will take you to the specific items on the CVC website within this post. 

So for those of you who have not seen any of this fab new release... here goes...first up is the delightful seahorse from  Create your calm. He is a lovely large size, perfect for making a real statement and of course has a slightly grungy tail which gives him a real edge.

For this wall hanging I used alcohol inks to make the background. I teamed this up with the new Organics set, to make the seaweed, which Susan will have in stock soon. 

For my second seahorse piece I made the background with acrylic paints. The extra bubble/wave stamps make a really interesting background and the sentiment works with many stamps, even those in your own stash.

Next up is Aries (my own star sign) from the Aries zodiac set from the Written in the stars collection. All 12 star signs have been released and all have fab words which work with any other projects too.

Susan has most of this collection in stock and is ordering more soon,

I made an inky distress oxide background for this card, the moons I embossed are from the Believe in unicorns set  I gold embossed the large ram's head (each set has a small version too) and used gold ink for the 2 sizes of star constellations which come in the set. I am not sure if the words describe me....you will have to ask my family!

Now onto my favourite of the new release...the totally unique bloom and grow set.

I love this set and every stamp in it also works by itself too...the baby, the fingerprint and the sentiment "Bloom and Grow" work perfectly with existing VI stamps and even any other stamps you own. The little flower inside the baby can be left as it is or it can be coloured in after stamping.

I made this mixed media card below for Creativation teaming it up with Organics (another new release which Susan will have in stock soon).
If you have the current (March) edition of Craft Stamper you will also see another design for this set as I am part of a Visible Image Design Team feature there. It's my Baby Love Plant card!

So here is my step by step for my New Baby card design ,which would also work really well for a Baby shower card. I made a pink and a blue one...but I have embossed the baby in lots of colours...white, gold. black sparkly ..they all look really effective.

I used distress oxides with clear embossing powder for the babies which I fussy cut out and distress inks for the backgrounds

I used the wrinkle free technique for the backgrounds. I added some stencilling to the blue version for some extra interest using the Visible Image fibres stencil an incredibly versatile stencil which I use so much.


I then stamped the finger print to 
cradle my baby using black ink.

Next I stamped several flowers from the Imperfection is beauty set onto inky mop up card and a couple I painted with distress inks. I then fussy cut them out. I also made some pink versions. I die cut some greenery using scraps of green card,
 I stamped and embossed the sentiment, cut it into pieces and distressed the edges and then put everything together. I raised the sentiment and flowers up on sticky fixers to give some more depth.

Here are my finished cards once more.


 If any stamps/stencils are out of stock Susan will be reordering very soon. You can add you email to any out of stock items on the web site and you will be contacted when they are available.

  I really hope you have enjoyed seeing some of the new release today....do you have a favourite? I also hope to have inspired you to have a go at making a very "non traditional, non cute" baby card or indeed any other work.  If you do make something why not enter it into our current Country View February challenge here where our theme is "Anything but cute . It would be great to see you join us,  you might even win the £20 gift voucher to spend on some new crafting goodies on the website.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope I have given you some ideas but really all you ever need is your imagination 😃

Enjoy getting inky!

Back soon,

Bye for now



4 comments:

  1. Excellent! I love the fingerprint representing the womb. Well thought out and the flowers and colours used...just great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your samples Jane and fabulous stamps hugs Debsxx

    ReplyDelete