Saturday 16 June 2018

Artist Trading Coin and more!

Hello! I'm sharing some more adventures with my Gel Plate today! An Artist Trading Card has been around for ages - the definition might be: a small piece of art (2.5" x 3.5") that can we swopped (traded) with others. An Artist Trading Coin is the same idea but is 2.5" wide and is the very latest thing!
I started by covering my gel pate with Caribbean Sea and printing on two ATCs. Then I added Snowflake (the picture shows the blue and then the blue with a white overprint).
Then add a layer of Granny Smith and a layer of Snowflake.
Follow that with a little Banana and Bougainvillea through a Splotches stencil. Finally add Slate through the Flames stencil.
I then sanded one ATC to reveal the colour beneath; die cut the other one into a circle 
and edge both with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. The coating on the ATC means you can achieve a really interesting finish when you sand it!
(Sorry about the odd colour of this photo!) Stamp the bottom of the circle with the line stamp (from Zinski 01) and line up the stamp so you can position.
Then I added a figure and a saying and my ATC/ATCoin combo is complete!
Of course I couldn't limit myself to just an ATC so I made a tag alongside the ATC using the same techniques.
Thank you, as always for popping by!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous post! I have been seeing these "coins" around and wondered what they were. Love the cheeky monsters too :D XXX

    ReplyDelete