Thursday 14 March 2019

A Seth Apter style tag

Hi, it's Celia here.

I've been playing with the gorgeous Seth Apter Vintage Beeswax embossing powder, trying to emulate a tag he made at Creativation. You can see how he did his here .



 I started off by cutting a tag from mountboard with a Sizzix Bigz Tags die. Then I stuck on some torn pieces of Tim Holtz papers.
I edged and splotched some distress inks around the tag and went around the edges of the papers with a watercolour pencil.


Then I randomly stamped some text (from Andy Skinner's Tech Trauma set) and my favourite Seth Apter stamp, Paperartsy mini EM40


This makes a quick grungy background for the main event - the Vintage Beeswax! 



I coated the tag all over with VersaMark then covered it in the Vintage Beeswax. As Seth likes to say, if somethings worth doing it's worth doing twice, so I did two layers.

Then I did a bit of random sprinkling. At the moment I only have two of Seth's powders, so I used some Ranger Mixed Media powders for the next part.



I re-heated the tag then sprinkled some Copper Tinsel, Sea and Bone randomly in a few places to give some gorgeous explosions of contrasting colour. 

I then edged the tag with Rocky Road, which is amazing! It has loads of crunchy texture. Then I finally re-heated and pressed the inked stamp into the hot Vintage Beeswax to give the impressions of a wax seal. 



I hope you like my Seth-style tag! If you become seriously addicted to Vintage Beeswax, it's available in mahoosive size, here

Celia  x

6 comments: