Friday 6 December 2013

Santa .. please stop here ..

Well it is that time of year where Santa and all his secret helpers are busy and where all those little peoples thoughts are turning to what Santa will bring ! ( where as maybe the helpers are a little more worried about how quickly it is arriving....and the children cannot wait for it to get here faster!) .So my make today is for a door hanger to make sure that Santa stops!

So here is my make :


and just in case red is more your colour :


I started off with a plain wooden door hanger and gave it a good coat of frayed burlap Distress paint, when dry I added a coat of paperartsy crackle glaze and then added a coat of nougat fresco on the top. This gives a really great crackle when dry...


I then edged the whole hanger in Distress ink to coordinate with the colour , I know he favours a red suit but I am a blue girl at heart! To add to the layers I stamped some snowflake style stamps, coated with sticky embossing powder and gave a liberal coating of distress glitter, rock candy flavour

I have to say I do love the sugar coated sparkle this gives. ( just harder to capture on film!)


Then onto Santa, well I have to say I have fallen in love with this gorgeous vintage Santa from the old fashioned Christmas set , from Tim Holtz. So I set about stamping him in jet black archival and using a water brush and yummy Distress markers to colour him in.



and red :


I added a little sparkle to the trim of his hat, sleeve and buttons, using rock candy distress glitter.

To finish I added the wording in black archival using the Tim Holtz lettering set , worn text set



Well hope you like my festive make ...and that Santa pays you all a visit when the time comes!

keep those fingers inky!
trace x



8 comments:

  1. Great to see this in two colours! And the background is so beautiful! Love the santa stamp...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous makes Trace, bet the children love those hanging on their doors.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful signs Trace. I love the all the gentle sparkle and the crackle is right up my street of course. Have to say I love the red one best but the blue is just you!
    Hugs, Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. both variations are amazing Trace! fabulous hangers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute Trace - I know my grand kids would love to hang this on their front door. Their chimney is nonfunctional!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the crackle and frosty snowflakes! Santa makes a great door hanger! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely Trace. That extra sparkle makes them even more special. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely door hangers... I love the touch of sparkle, and the two colour variations (blue for me, please, obviously) - and the tinting on the Father Christmases is great. Thanks for the nudge to get my Tall Text out again too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete