Wednesday 26 March 2014

Petal to the metal



Well my turn today with a card using the wonderful new petal die from the one and only Tim Holtz. So here is my make :


So I started by creating a base for my card using tissue wrap which I glued to my card using glue and seal. When dry and completely stuck I added some pieces of tissue tape and then I added some small patches of picket fence distress crackle paint and left to crackle.


Now I added colour using distress ink in frayed burlap and also walnut stain. I also smudged on some broken china distress marker using glue and seal. To complete the background I added some rub ons...Love love love these!


Now for the heart...I covered a piece of card with ranger foil and then die cut two petal shapes. Then I embossed them with the blueprint texture fade. Now for the fun part...I cut the petals up and then rearranged and stapled them together. I love how the create the most wonderful heart shape..


Onto the foil I applied black soot distress paint, and the rubbed lots of it off to define the texture.



Finally I added some twists of rusty wire, an arrow twirled with rusty wire and a word band.




So hope you like my grungy heart using the new petal die...cannot wait to play some more.x






No comments:

Post a Comment