Friday 8 August 2014

Miss the ground!

I have been using my journal to experiment and I thought I'd share the results!
I tore some tissue wrap into three strips and glued two of them to the pages using white paint - I often 'prime' my journal page with white paint to act as a key for the other colours and so while it was wet I popped the tissue wrap on it (picture 1). Then I added blue paint, thicker in some places than others to added depth (picture 2) and finally green and red paint with my finger (picture 3). Picture 4 shows how I painted the moths (by painting on the reverse of tissue paper). I left one strip of tissue wrap unpainted so the bottles had something to stand on. If the paint looks too thick or heavy in places, use a baby wipe to remove some of it. 
To build the page I painted stalks using a Lin Brown stencil and then added the bottles and moths as flower heads. The circles were drawn free hand and then white highlights added afterwards. The moths are a PaperArtsy stamp set - I am sure Susan can order it for you if you'd like it - it is pretty fab!
I hope you like the journal page - for quote junkies like me the quote is by Douglas Adams! If you like words then this month's challenge on our challenge blog is for you! Thanks for popping by!

4 comments:

  1. Fab page,Gabrielle, love the bottles and your bright moths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pages, wonderful bottles, not noticed them on the stamp plate before. Off to see if this comes as a mini. Loads of inspiration here:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and I would say your experiment was very successful ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pages and I just love the butterflies arching out of the bottles!

    ReplyDelete