Sunday 8 March 2015

Expedition Tag


You know I love making tags and I follow the Tim Holtz monthly tags he makes. Here I have used one of the backgrounds I made when making my Tim tag for February.  The details of how to do it are clearly set out here on his blog


With the ephemera piece and colours I had used it had to be nautically themed and ships and sailors came to mind. 



I randomly stamped the compass from Tim’s mini blueprints 3 set and smudged over a small amount of gesso to blend them into the background.


I gathered up some pieces that I thought might go together and set about altering and designing. (You will see I didn't use them all and added others in as I was putting the tag together).


The ship is stamped from the Travel Ways set in blue archival ink and I used a black pen to highlight some of the lines.


I made a custom fastener using a snippet of distress ink card and remnant rubs ......


..... and I added it to the photo booth picture of a sailor.


The expedition tag was swiped over with aged mahogany distress paint which was then wiped off again using my finger to leave the red writing ....


.... and I daubed a little of the paint on the star and again wiped it off to give a slight red translucent effect.



Some tissue tape and another ephemera piece finish it off.

Thanks for taking a look today.

See you again soon.

hugs Brenda xxx


5 comments:

  1. LOVING your Tag Brenda, it looks awesome :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another favorite of mine! You did an amazing job using Tim's Feb. tag techniques! Really amazing! I love the colors, the different elements you chose and how you've blended the compass image into the background. I'm so happy to learn some of your clever techniques, Brenda! Thank you for sharing how you put this beauty together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another favorite of mine! You did an amazing job using Tim's Feb. tag techniques! Really amazing! I love the colors, the different elements you chose and how you've blended the compass image into the background. I'm so happy to learn some of your clever techniques, Brenda! Thank you for sharing how you put this beauty together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful and so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so well thought out and put together! I love the background most of all and how the ship seems to pop right off the page! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete