So this is how the tag came about!
This was my experimental tag using the Mermaid Lagoon and Twisted Citron Distress Inks which I had splodged onto my craft mat, spritzed with water and then picked up on the tag. Delicious!!!
So then I did the same thing on a Ranger Manilla tag, but of couse a different substrate so the colours were a little different. I have added a little bit of tissue tape and some stamping using the Correspondence stamps (sorry you will probably get fed up of seeing these on my work, but they are so useful for background stamping). I added a little Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges of tag to blend everything together.
These two die cuts were sitting in my scraps box having been cut from the Ranger Manilla cardstock. I added Twisted Citron Distress Ink to them first and the Mermaid Lagoon on top and got this wonderful turquoise green. By the way the leaves are from the Christmas Holiday set - I think they are just perfect for using all the year round!
I mopped up what was left using my ribbon.
I stamped an anchor from the new Maritime Blueprint Set and coloured it again using a combination of Twisted Citron and Mermaid Lagoon and got a completely different colour again.
Then it was time to put it all together. The ribbon was gathered up and stuck down with clear glue and I added a little hessian and string before using these lovely shells I found in a shop here in Lerwick. A few seed beads, again stuck down using the clear glue gives a bit more of an underwater feel.
I hope I don't get to "discover" what is at the bottom of the deep blue sea as by the time you read this I shall hopefully be sailing on top of the sea!
Some of the new distress colours are very bright such as the Twisted Citron but they do work so well with other distress colours. More experiments are on the way! I hope this inspires you try mixing the colours to see what you get.
Thank you for joining me today.