Friday 12 February 2016

A little bit crazy...

 Tim Holtz Crazy Cat Birthday Card
Hi everyone. Today I thought I would share a couple of cards - different focal point but a similar process of combining embossing and stenciling.

1. For the Crazy Cat card above I stamped 'happy' a few times with versamark and embossed with clear powder.
2. The next stage is to cover the card in a pale colour of distress ink - here I used antique linen.
3. Next take your choice of layering stencil - I used 'scribbles' on this one and ink with a darker colour. (Bundled Sage) I pretty much stenciled the whole card here but for my second card I only partially covered it.
4. Once I was happy with the colour I wiped ink off the embossed area and stamped my Crazy Cat in archival ink. I took my water brush and lifted some of the colour away - I wasn't trying to remove it all, so just used water and a piece of kitchen towel.
5. Finally I added some colour back - I chose broken china.
Sorry horrible photo!
6. I matt and layered my card on white and then another piece coloured with bundled sage.

The second card is similar but instead of stamping an image I added some stamped and punched butterflies from my stash.
Birthday Card - Addicted to Art

Until next time... happy crafting!
Nikki


3 comments: