Tuesday 16 February 2016

Go with Love

I thought I'd share a page in my small journal that compliments both my February Journal page from a few days ago and could easily fit in with this month's Background theme at our sister blog. Much of the techniques are similar to my journal page and I have deliberately made this page simple so that if you are nervous about making backgrounds you can easily copy this!
I started by using my brayer and adding paint to the page. You'll see that I didn't try and get an even coating as that adds to the background!
You will also see that some blue paint has leaked on to the page from a previous page - so I just incorporated it into the project by adding a stencil over the top
Just as I did on my previous journal page, I sanded the blue paint. This not only gives a nice shabby worn feel, it also helps push the blue paint into the background.
Then I used some of the small stamps in the set to add interest to the background. I used Distress Ink that was the same colour as the sanded blue paint so that it all seamlessly becomes the background.
Then I added hearts that I painted. I added shadowing around the hearts to give them some grounding.
I used two of the sentiments from the stamp set to make the sentiment on the page. Finally I added a few kisses in black in and some gold paint as a finishing touch.
If you haven't already, I hope you'll try your hand at making a background - and enter this month's challenge!

1 comment: