Thursday 20 October 2016

Going crazy with colour.....

Scribbly Birds Journal - Dylusions Paint
Hi everyone and welcome to my final project for the CVC project blog. I am leaving the team at the end of October after two great years! 

So for my final project I have gone a little crazy with colour in my journal using a combination of Dylusions and Dina Wakley paints. The background was created by painting in patches with a combination of a brush and my fingers - no great plan... just adding the blue / yellow / green in various places. 
I then added some white paint with a credit card and also through a layering stencil (Splotches.) I also added some background stamping in archival ink.
I die cut some scribbles and splats in white card and sponged some  of the same colours on them adding a little black archival to contrast.
I took a piece of thinner white card and lightly brushed with purple and blue paints - intentionally keeping it light and patchy. Once dry and stamped the scribbly birds and fussy cut.
Scribbly Birds Journal - Dylusions Paint
A quote and some doodling around the page edges finished my page!

I hope you like it!
Nikki


2 comments:

  1. Wow love this Nikki so much depth of colour and layers in the background and the contrasting scribbly birds look fabulous. Gonna miss you and your talent as part of the team but I know you will be successful in any new ventures to come. Good luck and huge hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colourful page. Love the cute bird and the awesome quote! xxx

    ReplyDelete