Tuesday 8 November 2016

Shabby Posies

Hello Everyone! Jennie here with you today to share a card made with some lovely new dies from Tammy Tutterow. 


I have been a great fan of Tammy's techniques and style for a number of years, so I was itching to try out the new flower dies in my own style. 


I started my card by using the Waterfall One Die.  I used some old, but still much loved, Prima papers cutting the top one in vintage text and the lower one in something plainer which I then stamped with a sentiment.


I chose some more papers for my base card and die cut a label from the Frayed Tabs and again stamped with a sentiment.


And then it was down to making the flowers and ribbon bow.

I die cut three flowers using the Shabby Posies Die. There are four dies in the pack and the one I have used for this card is the second largest one. The edges were inked with Distress Ink: Fossilised Amber, Rusty Hinge and Seedless Preserve. The flowers were then spritzed with water and scrunched up before being curled when dry.  There is a  step by step tutorial on my blog HERE today for this flower using Tammy's dies.

The ribbon was dyed with same Distress Inks.


And here is the finished card. I absolutely love all the layers it is possible to create with the waterfall die and I am sure that the Frayed Tabs die will become a firm favourite.


The five petal flower die makes for a lovely layered flower.


And if you want to tie a lovely shabby blow then click the link HERE for Tammy's tutorial. 

 I hope my card gives you some ideas of how to use these wonderful dies. I'll be back again later in the month with another card based around these dies.

Thank you for joining me today.

Jennie x






1 comment:

  1. Ooh! The flower is beautiful! So is your stunning card! xxx

    ReplyDelete