Thursday 24 November 2016

Wishes from the Heart

Hello Jennie here with you again sharing another card using some of Tammy Tutterow's latest dies and a link to my blog for another flower tutorial using the Shabby Posies Die.


My card measures 6" x 3" and is one of my favourite sizes being extremely economical in terms of a 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock! Cut the sheet into four 6x6 pieces and score down the middle for four great cards.


It is also a great size for using up oddments of lovely patterned paper stock too. I cut a backing from the lovely script paper and used the Waterfall Die to create a small fancy edged pocket.


You all know how much I just love Vintage Photo Distress Ink and I have used the ink here to die my seam binding, but also to make this rolled rose using the  Shabby Posies die. Please click the link HERE to go straight to my blog and a tutorial for the flower.


I layered everything onto my card base creating the pocket first and then decorating it with some lace and a strip of matching cardstock. A Tim Holtz Flashcard fits perfectly into the pocket! I decorated the flashcard with some background stamping and a few Remnant Rubs before blending more Vintage Photo around the edges.


I finished the cluster with a stamped butterfly and some pins. 

Tammy has a great tutorial HERE for tying a fabulous ribbon bow. I wouldn't do it any other way now - it always works a treat!


I used a tab from the Frayed Tabs Die which is  just perfect for this small card too. Again a small scrap of matching paper is all it needs. Blend a little Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges to keep everything in harmony!


Another vintage card for the card box for next year's birthdays.
Working with dies certainly makes things so much easier and I particularly like these ones!

Thank you for joining me today.

Jennie x




No comments:

Post a Comment